|Plain and Melon-flavored Pastillas de Leche|
Many of us have the pleasure of eating powdered milk from childhood. If you enjoy milk, then you will love pastillas de leche.
Pastillas de leche is a candy made from milk. This milk candy has many variations but I will share the "no cook recipe".
1 can (395g) condensed milk
2 cups powdered milk
sugar for rolling
- In a bowl, pour the condensed milk and add flavoring (optional). You may try melon, ube, chocolate or coffee flavors.
- Gradually add powdered milk mixing the ingredients until well combined making sure that you get the right consistency for rolling the candy.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Take 1 tsp mixture and shape into a ball or 2-inch cylinder. If you are doing it with kids, you may try different shapes like star or heart.
- Roll into sugar for coating. Caster sugar is recommended.
|I used Nestle condensed milk, 395 g||I used Nido powdered milk and a measuring cup|
|You may use any flavoring as you like (chocolate, melon, ube). Here, I used melon flavor||This is how the mixture would look like after adding 1 cup powdered milk|
|Here's how the mixture would look after adding the 2nd cup of powdered milk||..the mixture after 10 minutes. The more you let it stand, the more it won't stick to your hands|
|Roll the mixture into a ball.||If you let it stand for more than 15 minutes, make sure to knead the ball for a smoother surface|
|Knead the ball to a cylinder shape||Roll the candy into sugar. Caster sugar is recommended|
FREE Okra Recipes, Cooking Tips & more at CHEFS Catalog